Sunday, August 17, 2014

Exhibitor Spotlight: Mom's Faces - Anne Dunlap

Name of Artist: 
Mom's Faces - Anne Dunlap

Website or Facebook Page:  
Years of Participation in the Arts Fest:
4
About the Artist or Work:
I am an emergency room nurse who has found new ways of making people feel good by using body art and face painting. Nothing can make you feel better than seeing a smile on a face of a child. And aren't we all kids at heart? Face painting brings out the kid in all of us-a way to pretend to be magical, a princess, a superhero or just another animal in the zoo.  For the last 3 years I have been joined by my daughter Samantha Dunlap, who specializes in glitter tattoo art, and my other daughter Jessica is apprenticing in face painting as well. Together we try to bring smiles to one and all, and add a little color and bling to your day. 

What/who inspires you to create art?
I have always loved to doodle. Face painting is the greatest thing... I can doodle and let my imagination run wild... Who said tigers need to be orange or rainbows need to be traditional colored? And that best moment of all, when the person looks in the mirror when I'm done and sees their face, or arm, or whatever, colored, transformed, glittery...that smile is worth everything to me.

Watching my two daughters enjoy working with young kids, practicing the art of creating and enjoying that same moment at the end and know that the smile they see if from their work.. It's really wonderful. They learn how to deal with the public and how to interact with children of various ages, all great skills that they can use later in life.
Favorite Shop or Restaurant in Doylestown:
That's hard. I grew up in Doylestown and have been to many, some long gone but not forgotten. I think I will have to pick the County theater. Not technically a shop, I know, but still the centerpiece of downtown.

No comments:

Post a Comment